8:00 am - 5:30 pm
A unique opportunity to hear from the leading experts in dental sleep medicine in one day and meet our sponsors who will be presenting their latest products key to supporting and developing this increasingly in-demand speciality.
6 hours verifiable CPD.
An introductory course for dentists, dental care professionals and other medical professionals interested in sleep medicine.
For the first time ever, The BSDSM is introducing Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction and Craniofacial Pain into the Introductory Course.
TMD and CFP will be introduced by Dr. Mayoor Patel, Clinical Director of Nierman Practice Management who are one of our several sponsors for the event.
This introductory day will be led by Aditi Desai with a module on Temporomandibular Joint Disfunction (TMD), Craniofacial Pain (CFP) and Sleep Bruxism (SB) introduced by Mayoor Patel.
Aims & objectives:
- An overview of sleep and sleep disorders with special reference to Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Association of obstructive sleep apnoea and snoring to medical co-morbidities and daily function
- How to identify and safely assess those patients at risk
- Treatment and management options for Snoring and OSA
- Revised BSDSM Screening Protocol with the use of home sleep tests
- An overview of custom and non-custom devices
- Mechanism of action of oral appliances – which appliance?
- An overview of the medico legal guidelines and Indemnity Cover
- ‘Hands On’ session – Impressions and George Gauge Bite registration
- Member benefits – Newly introduced Members’ Day follows this course on 24th September at the same venue
- Introducing specialist dental software for capturing data and information from patients
Venue: Arbor City Hotel London
Venue Phone: 020 7247 3313
Venue Website: http://www.arborcity.co.uk/Address: