About the British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM)
The objectives of the BSDSM are:
- To further the study of oral appliances in the treatment of sleep disordered breathing, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders and Sleep Bruxism
- To educate and certify dentists who wish to practice in this field.
- To manage and facilitate an effective relationship with the medical colleagues as an integral part of the management pathway.
- To establish and maintain appropriate treatment protocol pertinent to oral appliance therapy
- To enhance the quality of life of those suffering from sleep disordered breathing with appropriate management with oral appliances and other adjuvant therapies.
- To promote and maintain a positive public awareness of sleep disordered breathing (Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnoea) and the role of dentistry in its management.
- To facilitate the exchange of new information to members and the public as it emerges.