About this event
Management of sleep disorders, especially sleep-disordered breathing, is multifunctional and medical and dental professionals must work together to offer the best treatment possible for the patient.
The aim of this meeting is to provide a comprehensive overview of the management of sleep-related breathing disorders, highlighting in particular the importance of a multi-disciplinary team approach to care.
- The role sleep plays and importance of sleep disruption on the circadian rhythm
- The association of disrupted circadian rhythm on mood, subjective wellbeing and cognitive function
- An overview of established and emerging treatment modalities in obstructive sleep apnoea
- The role of airway evaluation and surgical interventions in sleep-related breathing disorders
- An overview of the role of mandibular advancement appliances in managing sleep-related breathing disorders
- The importance of a multidisciplinary care pathway and its application in dental sleep medicine
Dr Mayoor Patel – Dr Patel is a specialist dentist whose practice is limited to the treatment of temporomandibular disorder (TMD), migraines, facial pain, neck pain, sleep apnea and snoring. He is one of the few doctors in the United States that holds degrees, certifications, fellowships and board certifications in these areas.